South Arts announces a total of $38,380 awarded to North Carolina arts organizations for fiscal year 2011–2012 to present touring artists. Through the Regional Touring Program, the National Endowment for the Arts and South Arts partner to offer nonprofit presenting organizations fee support to present artists from outside of their states. Touring support is awarded for theater, music, opera, musical theater and dance projects that contain both a public performance and an educational component.
North Carolina grant recipients, awards and programs funded are:
· American Dance Festival, $5,310 for Eiko & Koma,
· Ashe County Arts Council, $2,030 for Bill Harley
· East Carolina University, $3,917 for New York Voices,
· Pack Place Performing Arts, $6,538 for Rennie Harris Puremovement
· Pamlico Musical Society, $1,219 for Marie Josee-Lord,
· Raleigh Chamber Music Guild, $ 4,142 for Harlem String Quartet
· University of North Carolina, $3,933 for Ensemble Galilei
· NCSU Center Stage, $3,981 for Aquila Theatre Company
· Pack Place Performing Arts, $3,655 for Aquila Theatre Company
· University of North Carolina, $3,655 for Aquila Theatre Company
Presenting organizations from South Arts’ nine-state region competed for a total of $425,409 supporting 103 projects in regional touring funding. For more information, visit www.southarts.org.