The Ashe County Arts Council, in partnership with Arts Access and the North Carolina Arts Council are pleased to offer a workshop that will enable cultural organizations to better include people with disabilities. The workshop will cater to administrators, board members, volunteers, ushers, teachers, docents, box office staff, and additional front line staff at cultural arts organizations.
Participants will learn:
– Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it impacts arts organizations
– Common accommodations for customers with disabilities and where to find them
– Sensitivity and disability etiquette in communications and assisting someone
– Emergency procedures and safety issues
– Steps for writing your organization’s ADA plan
When: Monday, March 20th, 2:00-5:00pm
Where: Ashe Arts Center, 303 School Avenue, West Jefferson
Register: email email@example.com or call the Arts Council 336.846-2787
Arts Access is a statewide non-profit dedicated to making the arts accessible to people with disabilities. To learn more about Arts Access or for questions about workshop content call 919-833-9919 or visit www.artsaccessinc.org.
Additionally! – Community Inclusive Arts Meeting – Monday March 20th, 5:30pm – 7:00pm. Join Arts Access and the Arts Council later that day as they host a community meeting at for anyone interested in arts and disability issues. This will be a great chance to network and socialize for those that care about inclusive arts!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.